Do you have to go to a particular church or denomination to attend?No. Appalachian Christian Camp is not a part of a denomination and welcomes all students to attend and benefit from its life-changing programs.
What is taught?Appalachian Christian Camp's teachings are that of the Restoration Movement:
- Our message is that "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God." We require no other creed. He alone is Lord and Savior.
- As much as possible, we imitate the New Testament precedents. That is why our baptism is by immersion, our preaching is about Christ, and our prayers are in Christ's name.
- We seek to follow Christ's example to: apply biblical truth, rejoice, praise, pray, serve, and love.
- We share our faith and love with as many as we can reach.
- The church belongs to Christ. We have no authority to change the teachings, rewrite the rules, alter membership requirements, or usurp His place.
Who are the adult leaders?Our Program Directors are volunteers from around the region who coordinate the entire program in which the students participate. All of our Program Directors are members of Christian Churches and Churches of Christ. They are Ministers, Children's Ministers, Youth Ministers, Teachers, and Professional Counselors.
The Program Directors recruit other volunteers to serve on their staff, who we typically refer to as Counselors. It is the Program Directors and their staffs who teach and lead the students during their stay.