As we are following the news about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to give an update on how we are monitoring and responding to the heightened concerns, as we prepare for another great summer at Camp ACC.
Camp ACC's leadership is monitoring the developments of the COVID-19 disease and consulting with the Washington County Health Department. We are also following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control to ensure proper protocols. We are primarily concerned for the health and safety of our guests, staff, and families.
We do all of this from a position of faith and not fear. We understand that this is an extremely difficult time for all of us, but we know that God is in control.
As new information arises or new protocols develop, this statement may be updated. Please check back here often.
Our current response plan/protocol is as follows:
- All summer camp sessions will proceed unless the virus impact is widespread and a threat to our community. Our staff is busy with preparations and Program Directors are continuing their volunteer recruitment.
- If the virus impact forces the closure of summer camp sessions, full refunds will be offered.
- In compliance with TN Governor Bill Lee’s Executive Order 22, the camp is closed to the public through April 14, 2020.
- The camp will continue to offer its facilities for retreat groups, unless closure is deemed necessary by Camp ACC Management or other governing bodies.
- For the protection of our campers, staff and families, Camp ACC reserves the right to disallow, restrict, or reschedule a camper/retreat group if needed.
- Medical forms are required to attend summer camp as part of the usual registration & check-in.
- A pre-screening of all our staff and campers will occur on each check-in day of summer camp, and Camp ACC reserves the right for mid-session screenings as well as screening of camp visitors.
- Best practices for not spreading the virus (or any illness) will be practiced by our staff and strongly encouraged for all campers/guests:
- Washing hands, coughing/sneezing into shoulder, hands away from faces, no sharing of food, drinks, or hygiene items, isolation of persons with questionable symptoms, etc.
- Our staff will continue regular preventative cleaning measures and we are increasing the frequency of our disinfection of all frequently touched objects.
- Our summer kitchen staff, as always, will continue to rigorously follow safe food handling practices.
- Camp ACC will stay in contact with parents/guardians and retreat group leaders in the event of a suspected COVID-19 disease and within HIPPA regulations.
We ask the following of all camper families, guests, staff, and volunteers:
- Before arrival, make sure that each person is well rested, nourished and hydrated. The goal is for individuals to arrive as resilient as possible.
- If anyone is ill, regardless of symptoms related to COVID-19, please delay coming to camp until the symptoms have subsided. If you wish to discuss your child’s specific symptoms, please contact us at (423) 743-3910 or contact us here.